- Heisler DB*, Johnson KA*, Ma D, Ohlson MB, Zhang L, Mar K, Corley CD, Abrams ME, McDonald JG, Schoggin JW, Alto NM, and Radharkrishnan A. (2023) A Concerted Mechanism Involving ACAT and SREBPs By which Oxysterols Deplete Accessible Cholesterol To Restrict Microbial Infection. eLife. DOI: 10.7554/eLife.83534
- Hansen JM*, de Jong MF*, Wu Q, Zhang L, Heisler DB, Alto LT, and Alto NM (2021). Pathogenic Ubiquitination of GSDMB Inhibits NK-cell Bactericidal Functions. Cell. 184 (12) 3178-3191. DOI: 10.1016/j.cell.2021.04.036
- Smith H, Pinkerton N, Heisler DB, Kudryashova E, Hall A, Karch K, Wysocki V, Sotomayor M, Resiler E, Vavylonis D, and Kudryashov DS. (2021) ‘Rounding out’ the understanding of ACD toxicity with the discovery of cyclic forms of actin oligomers. International Journal of Molecular Sciences.22 (718) 1-19. DOI: 10.3390/ijms22020718
- Purde V, Kudryashova E, Heisler DB, Shakya R, and Kudryashov DS (2020) Intein-mediated cytoplasmic reconstitution of a split toxin enables selective cell ablation in mixed populations and tumor xenografts. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 117 (36) 22090-22100. DOI: 10.1073/pnas.2006603117
- Kudryashova E*, Heisler DB*, Williams B, Harker AJ, Shafer K, Quinlan ME, Kovar DR, Vavylonis D, Kudryashov DS. (2018), Actin cross-linking toxin is a universal inhibitor of tandem-organized and oligomeric G-actin binding proteins. Current Biology. 28 (10) 1-12. DOI: 10.1016/j.cub.2018.03.065
- Kudryashova E, Heisler DB, and Kudryashov D. (2016) Pathogenic mechanisms of actin cross-linking toxins – peeling away the layers. Volume “Actin Cytoskeleton and Bacterial Infection”. Springer book series “Current Topics in Microbiology and Immunology”. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2016 Nov 18. DOI: 10.1007/82_2016_22
- Heisler DB, Kudryashova E, Grinevich DO, Suarez C, Winkelman JD, Birukov KG, Kotha SR, Parinandi NL, Vavylonis D, Kovar DR, and Kudryashov DS. (2015) ACD toxin-produced actin oligomers poison formin-controlled actin polymerization. Science. 349 (6247):535-539. DOI: 10.1126/science.aab4090
- Kudryashova E, Heisler DB, Zywiec A, and Kudryashov DS. (2014) Thermodynamic properties of the effector domains of MARTX toxins suggest their unfolding for translocation across the host membrane. Molecular Microbiology. 92 (5):1056-1071. DOI: 10.1111/mmi.12615
- Rex EA, Seo D, Chappidi S, Pinkham C, Brito Oliveria S, Embry A, Heisler DB, Liu Y, Luger K, Alto NM, Doench J, Guimarães da Fonseca F, Orchard R, Hancks D, and Gammon DB. (2022) A FACT-ETS-1 Antiviral Response Pathway Restricts Viral Replication and is Countered by Poxvirus A51R Proteins. BioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/2023.02.08.527673
2023 — Department of Molecular Genetics Conference. University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX. Modifications of cholesterol accessibility in innate immunity against pathogens
2022 — EMBO | EMBL Symposium: Innate immunity in host-pathogen interactions. Heidelberg, Germany. Host driven cholesterol modifications provide innate immunity against bacterial and viral pathogens
2019 –SPORE Center in Lung Cancer Meeting. Dallas, TX. Probing novel vulnerabilities of cancers with bacterial effector proteins
2019 — Hamon Center for Therapeutic Oncology Research and Simmons Cancer Center Experimental Therapeutics Program Conference. Dallas, TX. Probing novel vulnerabilities of cancers with bacterial effector proteins.
2016 — American Society for Microbiology Ohio Branch Annual Meeting. Proctor and Gamble, Mason, OH. A novel mechanism of toxicity amplification: ACD toxin–produced actin oligomers poison formin-controlled actin polymerization.
2016 –Edward F. Hayes Graduate Research Forum. Columbus, OH. A novel mechanism of toxicity amplification: ACD toxin–produced actin oligomers poison formin-controlled actin polymerization.
2016 — Alpha Chi Sigma Invited Speaker. Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA. Potent inhibition of Diaphanous formins by actin oligomers produced by the Actin Crosslinking Domain toxin of V. cholerae.
2014 — Plenary Speaker. OSU Molecular Life Sciences Interdisciplinary Graduate Programs Symposium. Columbus, OH. The inhibitory effect of ACD-crosslinked actin oligomers on mDia1-mediated actin polymerization.